BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Opening up

I have been meaning to write this post for while but things got bit busy with school, work, and life. I swear that going school and work full-time sure can suck all energy out of me easily! It seems like I just want to sleep nonstop for a week or so. That actually sounds like a good idea to me! I skipped the class today because I HAVE to sleep otherwise I will be unable to function properly at the work tonight but at the same time I feel bad because I really enjoy going to this class!

Anyway, this post is about sexual offenders and my feelings/opinions about them. You can stop reading if you want because it’s an unpleasant topic for many people…
I was reading a post that was written by person that I know and I have to say that I was left with unpleasant feelings.

Few parts that really bothered me are that the offenders should be given a second chance to function as member of the society, the registry is invasion of offenders’ privacy, and that they can be rehabilitated. I will break my response in two parts since there’s two parts.

The blog brought up the idea that people who imposed themselves on minor sexually should be given a second chance because they are human beings that are struggling with attraction to the minor in sexual nature. I have to say that I strongly disagree with that. The attraction to minor sexually is not normal at all. It’s considered as mental illness by many professionals and giving them a second chance is morally wrong. Sexual offenses are way worse than murder because of psychological damages that the child have to endures. With murders, the victims are already dead and the family and friends have to deal with the loss of their loved one while the victim, family, and friends have to deal with the damages that were committed by person that is sick in the head. 

0 comments: