BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Teen And Politics: My Report: Meeting Of the Living Presidents 2009


   Throughout the years of being a reporter I have come across the most interesting story, there will be a meeting with the last three presidents and the current and one to be.  As I sat there listening to every word like a night owl I was very intrigued about this “power lunch”. In this meeting the presidents did not hold back on their advice to Mr.Obama and left all their previous rivalries at the door. This meeting consisted of three democrats and two republicans. As read in the Washington Post it states that they wish they could get Muslims, Christians, and Jews together similar to a setting of the meeting of the Presidents.  President-elect Barack Obama held this very rare meeting exclusively in the oval office of the white house
 
   Although Mr.Obama has had meetings before with Mr. Bush and other colleagues this happens to be one of the most important. Mr.Obama is preparing to be sworn in on the date of January 20, 2009. This date happens a very exciting day for America because this will be the first African-American president in America.  
   I happen to be very excited of this day, me being an African-American and all. Furthermore, Bush and Obama also met privately for roughly 30 minutes. That one-on-one meeting, coming just 13 days before Obama's inauguration, likely focused on grim current events, with war in the Gaza Strip and the economy in a recession. In my opinion I believe the conflict in the Gaza strip has nothing to do with us but that’s just my opinion. 
  It has been an entire generation since former presidents have come together in the white house although they have had meeting at many other locations.  Some people might ask what they talk about in the meeting and to my knowledge and sources MSNBC states that the presidents will talk about previous terms and howthey impacted America.  Being a president is a very difficult occupation and being African-American, Barack Obama has a lot on his plate but I believe with hard work and determination you can succeed anything. With only three former presidents attending it was a very interesting meeting of the presidents. Attending was Bill Clinton, George Bush Sr., and Jimmy Carter and during this meeting they ate from the white house menu and as the press hawked the doors the Presidents were able to go through their meeting with no issues and had a pleasant and swell time doing so.






     I believe the meeting was a good thing it really helped Mr.Obama get a feel of really being president. Some people may think it was a waste but I happen to see otherwise. We all know we must prepare and be organized in order to succeed. I see myself as a person of free spirit and mind, so this was very necessary and it really helped him although I know there are people who wish to hold Mr.Obama back, I am not! Mr.Obama to me is like a stepping-stone to our world of chaos cause we have long way to go.  If we were to do things like the meeting of the presidents more often we probably could resolve our problems more and figure out how to get out of this recession we’re in, due to officials who decide not to comply with the rules and like to do it their way. Furthermore, the world is full of negative energy but if we fall it will be entertainment to other countries. That’s where Barack Obama comes in and saves the world. I like to refer to him as the “super president”.     

    Let’s all give Mr.Obama   a hand because he is the dream and he is the first step to becoming a stable country of peace and harmony. So I thank you
Mr.Obama and every else should.  As an American I am proud of Mr.Obama and our nation for coming to their senses and electing Mr.Obama.  As for the meeting of the presidents it was a great exercise and I applaud Mr.Obama for doing this meeting and bringing unity to the white house and that’s why I say Barack Obama is what we need and how we need to carry our live.






0 comments: